Cairns Performance Massage has the follow vacancies:
2 x casual Remedial Massage Therapists (25-30 hrs/wk). Weekday and weekend shifts are available.
Want to know more? Keep reading, the application form link is at the bottom of the page.
about cairns performance massage
At Cairns Performance Massage, our staff are just as important as our clients.
Be part of a fun, yet professional clinic that values its team.
We have a passion for using remedial massage to educate and empower people to improve their health and wellbeing.
We believe in our therapists taking adequate time to care for our clients and allow the appropriate time between clients to discuss their needs, reset their room, and do clinical notes.
We encourage professional growth and development.
what will you get as an employee of cairns performance masage?
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- An employment contract paying an hourly rate (and superannuation) in line with the Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2020. Penalty rates for Saturday/Sunday work.
- Above award rates are available to those who can demonstrate exceptional skills & knowledge.
- We do not employ contractors or pay a commission rate in line with the Fair Work Ombudsmen ruling defining what is an employee vs what is a contractor (read more here)
- On-the-job training for day-to-day tasks (e.g. administration, reception, etc)
- In-house support and mentoring, and the opportunity to collaborate with other therapists in the clinic
- In-house training opportunities (monthly)
- 15mins between each treatment, to complete required tasks (e.g. SOAP notes, clean/sanitise room, etc)
- Staff discounts on stocked products!
- We have many local networking connections with local gyms and other allied health professionals (physio, chiro, naturopath) which keeps us busy.
- We also have a fantastic coffee shop next door to keep us caffeinated! Woot woot!
your tasks and responsibilities
- Providing quality remedial massage treatments – posture screening, assessment, soft tissue treatment, follow-up stretches/exercises, setting up a treatment plan.
- Basic administration – client interactions, bookings, payments, filing, etc
- In-depth notetaking – for every treatment
- Marketing – creating professional networking relationships in the local area to bring in more clientele
- General cleaning – of the treatment room and reception area
your qualifications and experience
- Diploma of Remedial Massage (OR Cert IV and working towards Diploma qualifications also acceptable!)
- Proof of Massage Association membership and professional indemnity insurance
- Ability to get provider numbers for private health claims (all funds)
- First Aid (kept up to date)
- Extra bonus if qualified in myofascial cupping and/or dry needling
- Must be confident to treat a variety of different client types
- Permanent resident or Australian Citizen (with Australian recognised qualifications)
- A genuine desire to continually grow and develop in this amazing profession.
- Possess excellent communication and skills, working with people, and enjoy working as part of a fun, professional team.
- Experience preferred, but not necessary (new graduates or about to graduate encouraged to apply!)
how to apply
To apply for these positions, please complete the application form below. We look forward to receiving your application.
If you require further information regarding the positions, please call Peter on 40543223.
Need to book an appointment?
07 4054 3223
Where to Find Us
Shop 1 / 8 Carnation Dr
Mooroobool Q 4870
M: 8:00am - 1:00pm
T: 8:00am - 6:30pm
W: 8:00am - 6:30pm
T: 8:00am - 6:30pm
F: 8:00am - 1:00pm
S: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Note: Trading hours may change at short notice due to therapist availability. We apologise for any inconvenience.